My daughters face and nose is RAW!!!!

Her cheeks are always chapped it seems but shes sick and under her nose is RAW from wiping because her nose is constantly running! Well now its her cheeks too! What can I put on them to take the sting away, you cant touch her face without her freaking out! Ive used lotion and quickly figured out that it was burning, I tried some avon chapstick(its not medicated and thick) and vaseline... I dont know what to do for her...

horseap

Asked by horseap at 4:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• vaseline is probably the best option. you're just gonna have to keep reapplying it! that sucks my nose gets like that too. you could try hydrocortizone ointment as well. i use that for my sons excema
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 4:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Get some lanolin...just plain jane nipple cream. It's safe to put on their face and even lips. It heals super fast and doesn't sting at all.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I just read the other post. Don't use hydrocortizone, steriods dry the skin. I have eczema and steroids are used to treat it because it's a skin disease and responds to steroids, but you also have to hydrate the skin. What you're describing is chapped skin and not eczema, so don't use a steroid. Just get some nipple cream which is just lanolin in a tube. My favorite brand is Medela because their lanolin is creamy and goes on easily.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• try vaseline that is what i use for my little girl when ever she gets like that.
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• You know the blixtex in the tube...the creamy menthol kind? I used to use that when I was sick on my nose and it worked fast to help heal. You could try that but make sure you keep it out of her eyes...I think that would hurt.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Answered at 4:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 by: ThrivingMom Get some lanolin...just plain jane nipple cream. It's safe to put on their face and even lips. It heals super fast and doesn't sting at all.

Thats a GREAT IDEA! I never thought of that! I have some left and I know it worked wonders for the nips(lol)!

horseap

Answer by horseap at 5:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• vaseline works for us.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2010