I want to lose about 15lbs.

Well, actually, I have already lost 4lbs in 4 days. I have been doing a vigorous 45 minute workout and counting calories by keeping a food journal. Do you think 1000 calories is too little for me to intake? I am eating very healthy and trying to make sure that I get a little of every food group at each meal (except meat, I don't eat much meat). I know I have to take into consideration the 345 calories burned off during my workout, so I will actually have to eat about 1350 calories. Is that unhealthy? I don't plan on eating this little of calories forever, just til I lose the weight and then I will do maintenance. I feel wonderful and snack on fruits and veggies whenever I feel hungry between meals. I make sure to get in whole grains, cheeses, fresh fruit/veggies, so nothing is canned or full of sodium. Also, I am drinking a TON of water. I haven't had anything to drink but water in a week (except for 1 cup/coffee/day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think 4 lbs in 4 days is pretty fast! the calories don't seem bad at all. i think the average woman is supposed to eat 1200 cals to lose weight ( a guide line) so at 4' 11'', i think you are fine. keep up the good work, but if you didn't gain it in 25 days, you probably shouldn't try to lose it in 25 days either! slow but steady wins the race!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• You need 1500 cal in a day or more. but less that that is not good for you.
    Anonymous

• I use to do 1200 a day and didnt have any problems....

right now I do low carb ( I just cut out sliced bread, buns, bisquits, (etc.) and no pasta or potatoes...I love 5 pounds in like 3 days and its really easy after the first day )
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• lol i meant lost not love.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 4:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• That definitely sounds too low. You will actually make it harder to lose weight by cutting your calories too much. You need to find out how many calories you should be consuming based on your weight and activity level. www.sparkpeople.com is great for this.
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 4:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• By the way, I am only 4' 11" and 125lbs, so I don't necessarily have the same caloric needs as someone larger than me. I don't feel worn down or anything, except that my abs feel like they want to curl up and die! INTENSE workout and definitely hard on the abs. I want my prebaby 6 pack back! My sister always says that a woman can never look the same or have the same body after having a baby. I'm on a mission to get my body back! I don't have any loose skin or stretch marks, so I KNOW it is possible!
    Anonymous

• Be careful not to deprive yourself too much because it will be easier to splurge when you get that bad craving. Otherwise, good job! I have 10 more lbs to lose myself, its hard work!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 5:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• 1350 is too low? I see many sites that say 1000-1200. I thought only men had the 2000 day calorie requirement.
    Anonymous

• Oops I thought you were only getting 1000 calories. Sorry I misread it. It could still be too low. I don't have my calorie chart with me right now, but I would definitely suggest going to sparkpeople or something similar to find out for sure :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 5:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Well, I'm not trying to lose it this quickly, but it just melted off. I guess between the exercise and the calorie intake they are working together. I imagine it will slow down dramatically after this first week, like down to 2lbs per week. I know I shouldn't have even weighed myself yet, but I couldn't help it. I promised myself that I would only weigh my myself once a week, but I blew it. Patience is not one of my virtues.....lol. I am however, only going to take my measurements once a week and chart them.
    Anonymous