Where in the modern Bible does it...

condemn transgender individuals and gender identity disorder. I am told that it does but no one can ever give me references.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 4:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• why do you care?
    Anonymous

• Because I'm curious. I study religion on the side as a hobby but with classes right now I don't have the time to look it up myself so I am asking others. Why does anyone ask questions? Because they want an answer, duh!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• What is a modern bible? (I never heard that term before.)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I am meaning the Bibles you find in stores now verses the old manuscripts like the Dead Sea Scrolls since they are very different.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Oh ok I just really did not know...lol :)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I honestly don't believe it is mentioned in the bible. In Deuteronomy, it mentions homosexuality, and I believe it condemns the wearing of clothing meant for the opposite sex, but I don't remember any reference to being transgendered.
    Anonymous

• Who told you that it references that? I'd ask that person to give you the reference. It never fails to amaze me the amount of "stuff" people seem to think is in the Bible but they rarely seem to have the reference for it.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I did ask the person. They said their husband knew and would get back to me but never did.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this. (NIV, Deuteronomy 22:5)

mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 5:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• mom2snsb.. that is in the old testament.. not really applicable to Christians in modern times.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2010