little girl haircut

my 3 year old little girl has hair that is kind of past her shoulders -- it is curly, but by the time I brush it is just wavy and messy....I cant get her curl to turn out right and her hair wont go into a pony tail or anything ( Ive tried a whole bunch of styles, with the little rubber band dos and everything) ....she has has like a curly Q in her bangs....so no matter what her bangs are just sticking up...

from me trying to fix it so many times she has dead ends and I need to get them trimmed...but I was wondering.. what would be a good haircut or style?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 5:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't know about the rest, but I'd start trying to get her bangs grown out. My oldest DD had curly hair at that age, and I hated dealing with her bangs. Once she grew them out her hair looked much more kept.
    Anonymous

• You have to let it grow, but get it trimmed, you can get products for curly hair that will help control her curls and make them more uniform, I have the same issue with my DD she has curly hair I do not so am pretty clueless. I use the tiny plastic rubber bands, wet her hair and then put it up. We are trying to keep it our of her eyes. You can trim it which will help with the health, but it has to grow, baby fine hair is soooooo frustrating when it is curly. Wet hair is easiest to deal with. Good luck. I feel your pain.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My daughter has super curly hair and I grew out her bangs. I will do her hair when it is still wet and put mousse it is to bring out the curls. If I try to brush her hair when it is try though (besides the screaming she does) it will just brush out all her cirls and look wavy.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 5:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• her bangs are as long as the rest of her hair...but its like a circle right on top of her head ( hard to explain) ...so it always looks super messy...I have even tried straightning it out...doesnt work lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Take her to a child-friendly salon and look through their books for ideas. Get her a good cut and her hair will grow out thicker and fuller than it is now. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2010