Has anyone tried the Insanity workout? Do you actually have to insane to try it?!

Can a beginner use it or is it more for people who already workout?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Lol no you don't have to be insane, but it is really intense. I know some people that were beginners and still did it. But they had amazing determination. With any workout program you have to take it at your own pace and modify it if you need to. So yes a beginner can do it but it will be hard. I'm a Beachbody coach so if you want to know more about Insanity or maybe a suggestion of another program feel free to send me a message :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 5:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I can't say I've ever used insanity. I'm not quite at that level lol. But I do use his other program, Hip Hop Abs. Well when i'm not pregnant. It worked great to get my back in shape after my first baby
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 1:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I'm a Beachbody Coach also. I've tried all the videos , so I would know which ones to recommend to folks for what their personal needs are and what they wanted to accomplish.

Beachbody has many great exercise and nutrition programs. Insanity and P90X are great programs and very popular but not the best for beginners.

Personally, I like Turbo Jam and Slim in 6 and they have modified exercises until you build yourself up to the full workout. I would try one of these first, then move on to Insanity ! I've lost 18lbs and improved my cholesterol levels significantly.

As Hillary Ann stated ... you have to go at your own pace and modify it ifnecessary, no matter what program you do.

Beachbody also has thousands of success stories and virtual workout buddies and/or chats to help keep you motivated. These people have lost weight and kept it off ! Good luck!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2010