How will I know for sure if this is a spider bite?

My son just came to me with this he said he felt it this morning but it did not bother him until now it is very itchy I looked at it and it is the size of a 50 cent piece it's red and slightly raise (like a big giant mosquito bite) with a tiny prick in the middle of it....could it be a spider bite???? He had to go practice so what I did I put Hydrocodizone on it...for now.

What can I do for him...?
Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Unless it is a brown recluse bite you won't know even other insect bites can be large due to an allergic reaction to it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Be careful..My daughter had something I thought was a spider bite and it turned out to be MRSA..It was a raised bump with a pin hole in the middle and eventually it filled with puss..Luckily I brought her to the doctor because I was using neosporin and it just would not go away so turns out it was MRSA, she had to be on antibiotics for 2 weeks, they said she probably picked it up at school or from the mats at the gym..

Anonymous

• ditto on the MRSA. Get the doctor to check it out. I had a MRSA infection in my leg two years ago and it tokk me two to three weeks to gt over it.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 16, 2010