Lump on son's penis

My husband and I went in this last week and had our son circumcised. There is now a white lump just under the ridge on the head of his penis, on the underside of his shaft. It looks like new skin almost. We have been careful to pull back his fatty pad so that he won't get inclusions, but is that what this is? Is it normal? It's not infected, it's just like a little ridge of whitish skin. I can't get ahold of the pediatrician today and I'm just worried. My son is almost 3 weeks old.

Please, also, do not lecture me on circumcision and your beliefs on it. This was my and my husband's choice and it's done.

Lissachck

Asked by Lissachck at 5:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ohhh is baby in distress from the procedure? If so take him to e r>

especially due that if his skin anywhere there is raw or badly irritated.

Hope baby feels better -
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Nope, he's not in distress at all. It doesn't seem to bother him or hurt him. It's just kind of there. He actually seems to be doing pretty amazingly since this was done just a little less than a week ago.
    Lissachck

Answer by Lissachck at 5:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I'd call the doc. Even if they're not in, there should be someone on call that you can speak to. I'd want reassurance if I were you.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2010