I can't STAND IT!

I see it all the time on here!
"I seen that the other day"
dudes! IT IS SAW!
You saw it the other day!
Didn't we learn that in 3rd grade?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This is an informal setting..This is not school or a term paper..So who cares!!!

Anonymous

• When such language is used by moms in distress or anxious, talking fast it doesn't bother me. So many of us are in a rush to type before a kid or an errand yanks us away. It's when a post is so run on that my eyes starting spinning that irritates me. Guilty of that myself unfortunately in stressful times.
    Anonymous

• Oh my dear, if that bothers you so much, you should just leave this site right now. lol That is just the tip of the iceberg here with all the simple spelling and grammatical mistakes you will find. My big pet peeve is when a poster uses no punctuation or capital letters and you can't tell where one thought ends and the next begins. I don't even bother trying to read those . . . therefore, saving myself from a headache.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• So you are a teacher? We are not in school. Leave your work at work PLEASE:)

Answer by louise2 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Spelling errors don't bother me, or punctuation so much.... but no matter HOW rushed you are, there is no reason to say "i seen this or that"
    Anonymous

• Oh, yessss, "I'd of lost my mind if I seen that.:". There you go, four for the price of one (grammer mistakes, that is).
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is taught in 3rd grade, irregular past tense verbs. It irritates me to see on this site, or anywhere really, because if an 8 year old knows the correct usage, so should grown ups.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• It's called slang. If you don't like it, don't read it.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 6:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• If you don't like it, don't read it? Hmmm, so how do you know before you read something what is said? How do you know if there is a grammatical error without reading it? I don't usually like to slam people but that is has to one of the dumbest comments that I have EVER read.

I hate it when people use the word women when talking about one woman or vice versa. Ex: I hate this women, she is always taking advantage of me.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it's called slang. I have a B.A. and M.A. in English and I still use slang! It drives my husband nuts, but when I am around my family we speak using slang, that's just the way it is. I never do it at work or in a formal setting or even around people who aren't family members, but I reserve the right to use double negatives in informal settings.
    Anonymous