Which Is More Political & Controversial?

CBS rejects NORML legalization billboard, but accepts “Black Children are an Endangered Species” anti-abortion billboard.

I believe that BOTH ads are equally controversial and political, so why would CBS carry on in a hypocritical and double standard manner?

Link below in reply.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 5:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I find the anti-abortion ad a little offensive. I'm no fan of MJ, but I would much rather see THAT ad, than the one from the other group. (the FotF ad during the superbowl was a nice ad, I thought the people all worked up about it should have waited till they SAW the ad before they said anything at all about it.)

IMO, I think the whole problem with the NORML ad is that MJ is still illegal in most places, a few states have allowed medical use only. But, on the other hand, abortion is legal. That is the only thing that I can think of that would lead CBS to not allow an ad from NORML. Actually, I think the whole abortion issue is kind of pointless. Women can CHOOSE whether or not they want one. If a woman doesn't believe in it, she won't choose that route. But it is there for those women who, in a few instances, really do need it. I don't like marijauna, but there are some benefits to it, and they should be explored.
    Anonymous

• So much for the "Liberal Media". CBS also turned down a same sex dating site ad for superbowl. Doesn't sound very Liberal to me.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yeah NOW lol
    Anonymous

• Is weed illegal? Yes? then NO to the ad. The abortion ad NEVER mentioned abortion. Ever. It was a silly ad that was payed for by a prolife group. But at NO point did it try and shove an agenda....just gave a website where you could get more info on their story. The Abortion sign about AA kids is disturbing and wrong. But that JMO. As for the gay dating site ad.....did you SEE it. It WAS over the top and in your face and they WANTED exactly what they GOT. They knew that it wouldnt fly the way it was done and they got a WHOLE LOT more attention this way anyway!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Yes, weed is illegal in many places. They were not advocating BREAKING the law. They were advocating CHANGING the law.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Ok...I get that Night. I personally dont like the ad. I think that like the ad for a gay dating website, they purposefully try and make it over the top and not focused. Weed plants multiplied OVER and OVER with dollar signs doesnt really scream respectable usage.....but then I guess the argument can be made the same way of the half naked girls selling beer ;) Do you think that maybe the TYPE of ad has more to do with the rejections than the content of the ad?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Do you think that maybe the TYPE of ad has more to do with the rejections than the content of the ad?

I think this might be it. I can't open the link right now... But I heard about this on XM this morning.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I am anti pot and anti abortion so I am biased.
    The abortion ad is offensive to me simply because it mentions only black babies when babies very race are killed every day. But I do see the logic behind the ad.
    The pot ad I dont know about because I did not see it. If any body has a better link (my computer wont let me see this link for some reason) I would be happy to look.

I dont see how the abortion ad was less controversial than the pot add, given the fact that abortion is such a political hot button.

Anonymous

• To compare abortion to weed is a very simple case of apples and oranges imo.

Anonymous