Really, if you spend all day bashing and explaining why a religion is wrong

can you grow in your own faith?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• Yes
    Anonymous

• No. That is why I left the Baptist church. Every other sermon is about bashing other religions.
    Anonymous

• yes
    Anonymous

• and how do you personally grow by bashing others? same anon
    Anonymous

• Are you saying it is bashing because I think you should READ and LEARN about other cultures?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• no pnwmom i am not saying that.
    Anonymous

• Yes some things that are SO open minded are actually very close minded in a twisted weird way....
    Walk it off babe and try to remember that CM is very entertaining stuff. Thats what I try to do.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Oh, well, bashing is just a harsh way of saying correcting with love! So when I'm bashing, I'm REALLY loving....
    Anonymous

• I think it takes a well educated individual to step outside their comfort zone and learn about other religions and cultures. When it is asked of some people to learn outside their own ways they take it as an insult. We should be educated enough to realize that in learning comes understanding and compassion. But alas there are so very many people set in their ways and they refuse to learn with an open heart. That shows no capacity to learn and grow and their minds become stagnant. If they can not allow themselves to learn how can they expect anyone to listen and learn from them. A mind should always seek opportunities to learn more.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2010