What kind of formula is best for baby?

my son is 4 months .. and yes i did breast feedt the first 2 to 3 months but i was in my home town at that time.. soo things where soo things where off.. then my boobs dried up and when i got home i still had milk in them and i asked my hubby if he would buy me a pump because my son will NOT ever latch on ... soo anyways long story short .. i just want to know what kinda of formula is best for baby and whats closest to breastmilk ... i have been feeding him similac sensitive ... but thats what my mom fed us kids ... soo yeah i know nothing ... ?? soo any one know .. and please dont yell at me for my lack of breastfeeding i feel bad enough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what ever he likes, get some sample packs
    Anonymous

• Enfamil is considered the platinum standard but you will pay for that, it is expensive but if you go that rout it is the enfamil lipil, smilac advace with early shied is extremely close to the same as enfamil and is more affordable and more tummy friendly for the most part. I love the similac advance with early shield.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Thanks! I was looking at the advance too ! and i was thinking of getting it ... i think i will ... does milk any anyhting to do with their motor skills cuase his are a little off... i give him toys to grab and he tries really hard but seems he cant that great .. or is he too young yet ?
    Anonymous

• Whichever formula baby takes and tolerates well. If he is content with the one you're using, I'd stick with it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I'm having a supply issue right now, trying to fix it but I have to supplement with formula right now. I use Nestle Good Start Protect Plus. My DD takes it well. I chose it because the can says that it has comfort proteins to make it easier to digest and that they add beneficial probiotic cultures like those naturally found in breastmilk. I sat in the grocery store reading every can, comparing.
    Whichever your child tolerates is fine.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• The best formula really is the one baby will take. They're pretty much of a muchness nutritionally speaking.

(And this is only a suggestion...if you are interested in relactation it is possible.)

Answer by gdiamante at 8:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• They are really all the same.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• For the poster with supply issues go to http://www.kellymom.com/  there is a lot of information on identifying supply issues, raising supply,and even getting baby to latch (if the OP is interested).

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• None it's all poison!!!!!

I really liked the Parent's Choice brand (wal-mart). It mixed up really well. Every baby is different though and their tummies may prefer one over the other. I say start with the cheap stuff and go from there.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2010