A new business venture, can you tell me if it's a good idea or not?

I've been thinking about starting some kind of "Arrand running service" for the elderly or sahm's that can't get out because of only one vehicle.
It would entail grocery shopping, paying bills, and picking up prescriptions...(if that's even legal).
I guess what I'm wanting to know is, would people pay money for this type of service?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• well if you are starting a business out of it, I highly recommend spelling ERRAND correctly ;o)

and yes, it is a highly popular business in where I used to live and where I live now which both have very high populations of elderly.
    Anonymous

• That sounds like a good idea to me. I'd probably use it on occasion. :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i think it'd be a great thing. I worked with the elderly for many years :) its very rewarding
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I was going to start this same type of service in my area too. However, I need a definite income each month and I have not been able to pursue it just yet. I have my business name, prices, fliers, etc already made up. Feel free to pm me if you need help with prices or a name. Also, check out http://www.theerrandgirl.com/. She has a lot of services that she offers. It might give you some ideas of services that you could offer that you have not thought about yet. One more thing, don't narrow down your potential client list to just the elderly and the SAHM's. You could target business people, working moms, and single guys too. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I would totally use something like that.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I think you might do better targeting working people. They maybe able to afford you better. I used to work with a girl who paid someone to come to where we worked, pick up her car, clean it inside and out and bring it back. She said she just didn't have time to do it.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2010