who here didnt really take care of themselves like they should have and the baby came out fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• meeeeeeeeeee bc i eat microwave food everyday due to my living situation, and i smoke and i didnt work out and move around alot physically and yeah.. the baby is as healthy as can be! oh and tlak about junk food galore... yeah baby is fine.
    Anonymous

• Define "fine". You mean that the baby seems healthy in the first few months of life? Or over-all life time of being "fine"? Maybe a baby who seems "fine" now will be diagnosed with ADHD in a few years. Or maybe that baby who is "fine" suffers from many ear infections, or gets sick a lot, but the mom doesn't ever connect the two. Maybe a baby who is "fine" now will grow up to be diagnosed with depression due to chemical imbalances.

I don't understand why any mother would ever settle for "fine". Why not shoot for amazing, or fantastic, or great? Why do you want to aim for "fine"??? Don't you want the best for your kids? Not just "fine"?

Anonymous

• good im glad im not the only one. from my nausea NOTHING sounds good so sometimes i cant eat. I try to drink alot of water but im a coke gal.. water sucks!
    Anonymous

• I don't understand why any mother would ever settle for "fine".

Because doing what is best for your children is too difficult when you focus on yourself.
    Anonymous

• i smoked for the first 2.5 months of my pregnancy, i ate a box of kraft dinner literally every day!! i didnt exercise to much because i got put on bed rest because i was sooo dizzy my whole pregnancy, i was up every night til 4-5am. so yaa i couldv'e done things differently, but, whatever the case, my daughter is healthy, smart, and perfect!! and always has been (shes almost 6 yrs old now) so i must of done something right :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I do the best I can. I take my prenatals, I try to eat as healthy and as often as I can, I drink a lot of water and juice, I dont smoke anything and I dont drink. Try some preggie pops for you morning sickness.

I do drink soda daily. But not alot and only soda with a minimal amount of caffeine. I dont like decaf soda. If you ever need any advice just PM me
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I was sick the entire 9 months of my first pregnany. I was constantly puking and going to the ER. I barely ate at all. My DD is one very healthy child.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Why would anyone BRAG about how horribly they took care of themselves and their child during pregnancy?
    Anonymous

• "come out fine" is not the standard I use when trying to do the best for my unborn. You have no idea what negative affects all the bad shit you put into your body has on your baby. Yeah maybe its not dead or deformed but maybe it could have been more creative, or more mathematically inclined. Maybe those nitrates you sucked back affected how your child handles stress or interacts socially. Because you don't know what affects the brain, leaving it to chance is selfish and irresponsible. You are bragging about something you should be hanging your head about. Am I perfect? no But I sure as hell try my ass off.
    MissV_66

Answer by MissV_66 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• i took vicodin, percocet, demoral, tylentol 3 and more when i was pregnant, my son was fine after a four day detox and had low bilirubin from being early. i only took what was prescribed to me, and i drank soda sometimes (i still don't very often). i also had several x rays and surgery while pregnant. my son is a smart active three year old. there is little i would change about pregnancy, it showed me how valuable my son was bc it wasn't a breezy one by any means.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010