I BABYSIT MY NIECE AND MY SISTER THINKS ITS OKAY TO GO WHEREVER SHE WANTS AFTER WORK WITHOUT LETTING ME KNOW SHES GONNA BE LATE. SHE GETS HOME WHENEVER SHE WANTS AND IM BABYSITTING FOR FREE SO TELL ME WHAT TO DO? IM BEGINNING TO REALLY GET PISSED AND ITS HARD TO HOLD BACK.

SHE PISSES ME OFF

kristina_1988

Asked by kristina_1988 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Tell her that you will stop babysitting at such and such time. I know that I never dilly-dally after work b/c I want to be with my daughter. I rush out as fast as possible to go get her b/c I want to see her. I can't imagine going off to do something else when I haven't seen her all day! I will even do my errands after I've picked her up b/c I want to be with her. Tell your sister that you are done babysitting at 5:00 or 5:30, whatever. You are not there for her to go on appts. or go to the store.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Tell her to come home after work. If she doesn't comply, don't babysit anymore.
    Anonymous

• She is taking advantage of you as long as you don't say anything she will continue to do this...even family can screw you over if you let them...You better speak up girl or start charging. all day I'd say 30 dollars 20 will be the least.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Tell her you need her to pick her child up by a certain time everyday so you can do things for your family. Tell her you need her to respect this or she will have to find a new babysitter. She may not realize what she is doing is wrong or unfair if you don't bring it to her attention.
    Anonymous

• Tell her that you will stop babysitting at such and such time.

What's she going to do? She can't throw the baby out on the back porch and ignore it and her sister knows it.
    Anonymous

• I'd conveniently be "not home" one morning when she comes to drop her off. When she DEMANDS to know where you were and why you weren't there, just act casual and say "oh, I thought this was a come and go as you please daycare....does that not apply to me just like it does to you?" She'll be there to pick up her kid when she's suppose to the next time! I dealt with this for 2 years, but I couldn't do anything because it was my hubby's sister and he'd hold up for her. But that was years ago and he's a totally different hubby now.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 6:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• omg, even the sitter's that i charge i still tell them or ask rather, if i can go somewhere other than work if i have the night off. AND I PAY! MAKE HER PAY!!!!! def taking advantage and i wouldn't let her. if she pays you she wont have money to run out on whenever she wants. solves two problems.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Sorry girl but she will only use you for a door mat as long as you are wiling to let her. Put your foot down, and tell her I said shame on her for taking advantage of your kindness.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I hate it when people do that. Family members seem more prone to doing that because they see no harm in it.
    You need to be up front with her and tell her that you are tired at the end of the workday and she needs to come pick up her child BEFORE she goes anywhere else.
    Threaten to charge her twice as much per hour after work hours if she continues to take advantage of you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2010