How Do You Make a Memorial Garden With Urns?

I was asked by my father to take my mother's and grandmother's ashes. They are in lovely granite urns. I'd love to put them out in the garden and set up a flower bed around them. Has anyone done this? How did it turn out? Do you have any suggestions?

To me, it's completely appropriate...that's not an issue. My mother wanted her ashes spread in a garden but now that she's in an urn, I think that would be disrespectful. Having her 'in' a garden is the next best thing, imo.

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 6:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have never heard of this before so I would be interested in seeing what ladies have to say. I know a friend of mine made a butterfly garden for her children that have passed. I like that idea.
    Anonymous

• I have never done this but it does sound like a wonderful idea. Just make sure you keep those Urns protected from animals and bad weather, other than that I am sure you will come up with a wonderful garden, would love to see it when you are done. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, good luck!

Answer by older at 8:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2010