What did you do for Valentine's Day? What did you and your sweetheart give each other?

My DH got me some flowers and a box of chocolates for me and one for himself and I gave him a box of chocolates and a card. Last night, I made him a really nice dinner and set the table with our best dishes, tablecloth, candles, etc. The kids ate with us and they loved it! They had so much fun having a "fancy dinner" in candlelight. They kept telling me how yummy it was too. The kids and I were still eating and DH finished and went straight back to his video game without saying one word about the dinner. I don't think he even noticed anything was different! The kids and I finished eating and had dessert without DH. I did dishes, gave the kids a bath and put them to bed. I figured the wasn't over just yet, maybe I could catch DH's attention in the bedroom. I took a shower and when I got out he was already sound asleep. At least I had a good evening with the kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Unfortunately, Valentine's Day was made for women. Men just feel like it is another day and another reason to spend money they would rather pocket. I have to admit that my husband is a aweetheart and he does really nice things for me, but he feels that he should show me love all the time instead of one special day a year. He would rather make it a surprise than to give me something just becasue it is Valentine's Day.

I'm happy that you had a good attitude anyway and looked at the nice time you had with your children. What you do with them will influence how they look at Valentine's Day in the future.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 6:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I didn't get flowers on Valentine's Day. He didn't get me any candy (ironically he got the candy today as it was 1/2 off! He does this all the time to save money). He didn't take me out. We stayed home all day with the kids. He played video games with our daughter. He did find my wedding ring that I lost a few months ago and gave it back to me in a box! He told me he loved me.

Needless to say, I was not disappointed in the least. I did things I wanted to do on Valentine's day and enjoyed him taking care of daughter. We ate left overs and I told him that I loved him more than anything in the world! He was happy as a clam and I was too. He spent time with me after the kids went to bed. If I had expected more than he gave most likely he would have went to bed early. I have learned over the years to not expect a thing for Valentines day. Then anything he does is so special to me.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2010