Diaper issues...

My 20 month old is constatly leaking out of his diapers. I put size 5's on him and he's 26 lbs, which is the right size guidelines. What do I do? We go though a load a day with our sheets, his sheets, and clothes because his diapers leak so bad and it mostly happens in the middle of the night. We even get up to change him. I'm fed up!!

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Switch to cloth! I wash diapers every other night, but I no longer have to worry about the extra laundry from leaks! You'll save money too ;)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• potty training time. he is old enough.my dd is 26 lbs and she is still in 4's so maybe the diapers are too big. but go ahead and try potty training him. if u dont wanna do that, try and change his diaper more frequently. good luck
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Try some diapers made specifically for overnight. Usually when my kids leaked on a regular basis it meant it was time to move up a size. The leaking always stopped then. Generally the weights for the sizes overlap.
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean Phippsandrea. I want to start him ASAP. I'm done with those leaks and he is old enough.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Leaking was usually a sign to move up a size for me. My kids were always in the size above what their weight indicated on the box.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• potty training time. IMO dont use pull ups my MIL let DD use them and now she is 4 and cant sleep with out one. she just lays their crying.
    Anonymous

• You used to be able to buy diaper doubler's...Can you still get those?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• The weight guidelines usually overlap. I'd definitely try the next size, or a different brand, or yes, even cloth (which I use and love).  And yes, I've seen diaper doublers in the supermarket.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Well that's strange because my son is thirty pounds and still in a size four, I think you need to go down a size because I know that they say size five is for around that weight but it's the bigger size for that weight.
    Anonymous

• i would try the overnights...my son is 22mos and 25 lbs, he just went into a 4 a month ago, so maybe his diaper is too big. i know my son started sticking his hand in his diaper, and was leaking a lot b/c of that, so now he wears a onesie too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2010