My 2yr old daughter has had horrible breath for a while now...

Ive switched to using my own toothpaste on her, and brushing three times a day. But she always seems to have horrible breath! What are your suggestions?

CidneAndNaomi

Asked by CidneAndNaomi at 6:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Health

• Some illnesses cause bad breath. Take her to the Ped.
    Anonymous

• Have Dr. check and rule out tonsils if it persists after seeing a dentist. My DD has the same thing yuck! But the dentest said it wasnt oral (like cavities or gums or anything) and we took her to Pediatrician and he took a look at her tonsils and they are huge and have to come out in March... Good luck!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My mom says that when my sister was that age her breath was horrible at one time. My mom finally took her to the doc and it ended up being that my sister had a fleece blanket that would get the "pills" little balls on it after it was washed and in her sleep my sister was putting them up her nose. That is where the smell was coming from. So I would get it checked out cause you never know what it might be.
    chrissifaye

Answer by chrissifaye at 6:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Maybe rotting teeth.. Have you taken her to a dentist??
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 7:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• No she has perfectly healthy teeth. It may be a medical issue, I will take her to the doctor...thanks!
    CidneAndNaomi

Answer by CidneAndNaomi at 8:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Might she be a bit constipated?
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2010