Do you floss your kids teeth every night?

A friend of mine was recently told that she should be flossing her young kids teeth (ages 3 and 5) every night. I guess they have ALOT of cavities. I don't do that. My son is 3 and we just brush after meals. Just curious if alot of moms are doing this. I did do it tonight though after hearing how many cavities her kids have.

Kimposible

Asked by Kimposible at 6:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Health

• I don't, but DH does, that's his job =) We didn't always do this, but found after a visit to the dentist that my daughter's teeth are quite close together and need to be flossed each night. My kids are 5 and almost 3, btw. Definitely easier to do with the 5 year old.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I don't. The dentist said that we just need to brush them twice a day.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Hmmm...I wonder if it has to do with how close together your kids teeth are. In any case, I think we need to go for our first trip to the dentist. I guess I'm over due on that.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I don't do it, the kids do it themselves with those plastic pick/flosser deals. (The ones with the U-shaped end with floss strung across the ends. . .) It's so much easier to get them to do it that way, than to try to do the string stuff. They do it every morning when they brush their teeth.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2010