Any ideas on how to make morning sickness go away?

newmom10408

Asked by newmom10408 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my doc told my benedryl would help with the nausea.. it kinda helped me but also made me tired..
    Anonymous

• It sucks but it is something we have all delt with! I dont know how to completely make it go away, but I know when I took my prenatal vitamins in the morning the made me very sick so I had to start taking them before bed and that helped a little!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I have morning noon and night sickness. I vomit 6-10 times every day for the last 3 months. I have tried everything and what seems to have helped (although not completely) is a perscription for Zofran, never having a completely empty or overly full stomache and eating/drinking all things ginger. I hope you are not suffering as much as I am. If you are..I have an herbal tea remedy that won't relieve the nausea but will help with getting your baby the proper nutrients without having to swallow big pills. Pm me if you need to. Good luck to you.
    MissV_66

Answer by MissV_66 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• ughh thats miserable i got lucky n never got sick when i was pregnent w/ my daughter but i was always told 2 eat crackers first thing in the morning to settle my stomach
    kristy_shawn03

Answer by kristy_shawn03 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• suck a lemon slice-- seriously, it works great
    get Seabands acupressure wrist bands $12 from drug store
    suck on TUMS
    ginger: ginger ale, ginger candy, ginger dressing, raw ginger
    lavender oil on your wrists and behind your ears
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My friend swears by ginger pills. She says you could just eat ginger but she couldn't stomach it so she just took the pills. I haven't tried it yet, but I do consider her a reliable source so that'll be my plan with the next pregnancy. The last one, I just carried saltines and dr. pepper with me everywhere.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 8:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Zofran... the only thing I have ever taken to make it completely go away. And that was taken by an IV
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 8:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I've tried ginger ale and it didn't work for me. Neither do the crackers. Is it safe to take ginger pills while your pregnant? I've never heard that before. Didn't even know there was a such thing as a ginger pill lol. I had the morning sickness problem a lot with my last pregnancy and never could quite get a hold on it. They kept giving me phennigran, but the thing with that is it knocks me on my butt. And I love lemons so I might have to try that.
    newmom10408

Answer by newmom10408 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• For me peppermints or mento candies seemed to help me. Crackers got really old. Hang in there..you can ask for a prescription if its really bad.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• The Seabands helped me keep the nausea under control- I still threw up a few times, but it helped me get through the day. My friend it did nothing for. Also, try PURE peppermint oil and inhale it- it's very potent but it helped in a pinch.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 9:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010