Who is right ?

I have not seen my brother who lives about 4 states away.He came to visit for work related issues but was staying for two weeks . It was my son't birthday and we invited him and my other brother and his wife that reside here.In the meantime, brother's wifey's uncle passed in Europe. They had the church mass that same day and told me they could not attend my son's birthday. Come to find out the mass was at 10:30. The brothers said they did not want to go to the mass but made wifey run the show and did not come to my son's birthday which was much later in the day.They could of attended both events.This cousin has always come ahead of their sister time and time again. Who is right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• There's no right or wrong here. At least, not from what you've written. BUT...was this a funeral mass? Usually those are followed by a family gathering at the home. And depending on how close these folks were to the deceased, they may have had NO interest in attending a birthday celebration.

But that's really all moot. Because you already know how these folks are, based on what you wrote. Expect that you will continue to come in last, and decide whether you really want to put up with it.

Your feelings are never right or wrong. They simply ARE.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• uhhhhh. ever heard of MOURNING? Who wants to go to a party when a relative just died?
    Anonymous

• distant relative. Doesn't live in this country they haven't seen in 20 years..........
    Anonymous

• I think you both were wrong..
    Anonymous