Risk Is Too High

Do you ever feel by being married that the risk is too high? That you sacrifice way too much for your spouse? Perhaps the sex is too rough? Or you say no, but that doesn't matter. Or step children get in the way of your marriage promises?

What do you do when you can't get out? What do you do when you have nowhere else to so?

All ideas/suggestions welcomed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• You can always get out, and you always have somewhere to go. You just have to do the hardest thing you'll ever do: get up and actually leave. If things are that bad, just up and leave. Take the kids and the clothes on your back if you have to, or get help from your family to assist you to gather your belongings if you can. But get out and get now.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately I think that women give too much and they have the expectation that everyone around us will do the same. It doesn't work that way! You have learn to say no! Say no to sex you don't want or that is too rough. Say no to others demands and take care of yourself! Say no and mean it and demand that they respect that! When you stand up for yourself others will respect you more! If you find it's difficult, then see a therapist.See someone who really knows what they are doing. My therapist says things to me that has really helped me out a ton! I am happier and my marriage is happier because of changes I make. Also, why can't you get out if you want to get out? I'd never stay where I didn't want to be, even if that meant I had to suck up my pride and ask for others to help me out.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Adjust

Answer by admckenzie at 8:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• What if you say no and you get raped? What if your husband beats you? What if there is no family to help? Raise a baby and a toddler on the road in the car?
    Anonymous

• you go to a woman's sheltered, one for battered woman if possible- they will help with the abuse that you went through.

i do have to ask- how is stepchildren getting in the way of the marriage promises?
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 8:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• The risk is too high only if you're married to an ass. Women need to be more selective.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Meaning step children make husband choose between them and me and to be against me. The promise from my husband to love me as a wife.
    Anonymous