What do I do about my friends almost four year old daughter's behavior?

My friend has a daughter who NEVER listens. Bad enough she doesn't listen to her parents half the time either. I babysit sometimes or go over to visit, she is given a rule. Like don't go in this room, or don't go into my kitchen and eat my food without asking. She gives nasty looks, says no, and now finds it okay to pull her pants down and walk around my house with no undies or anything on.
I try and try, but it seems it's the girl more than the parents. It's like the saying "talking to a brick wall". She was invited to my daughter's 1st bday, and ruined her cake. She was told at LEAST 5 times by several people to stay away from and eventually I had to hide it. There is no reason....but I never get this frustrated, and get to disliking a kid, but it's out of control.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well you need to tell her to sit in this spot and if she gets up send them home there is no reason for her to act that way, she can't be trusted to roam on her own so she should be allowed to, and if she defies then she can leave. Her parents will fix the problem if they want to do anything with friends.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My DH has a good method, first you ask, then you tell, then you make. Basically try the nice asking, then tell her what you expect then you make her do what you have asked. BE MEAN
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• It seems like as soon as she is told not to do it, she doesn't listen and does it anyway. Last night she was here and I wanted to ask her mom to take her home. Seriously...this kid is like BAD. She torments my kids who are younger, and trashed my older boys bedroom, ruined their toys and that...and would not stop. This is what she does unless a tv is on, the computer is on...or a game system.
    Anonymous

• Stop babysitting and let the PARENTS parent their child. It is not your place or anyone else's to discipline another's children. Let the parents deal with her. Don't invite her to anything and when the parents ask, tell them the truth..gently.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I wish it was that easy they don't do anything until people are upset or annoyed. She had the ghall to say my aunt was a judgmental B* when it was my aunt who bought the bday cake, and after my aunt told her daughter to behave. I don't want to babysit her. And while it might not be my place to say anything or parent her...I had to draw the line when she bashed my newborn daughter in the head with a toy((while I sat with my baby on the furniture)). They were too busy with other things than her. I think it's attention, seems if she isn't getting yelled at she gets no other attention. I have told them no more till she behaves, but I don't think they believe me. Please I have many kids of my own to parent, I don't want to parent an additional kid. My plate is full. :)
    Anonymous