morning sickness at 14 weeks

Im 14 in 4 days and the Dr. gave me meds for morning sickness and it helps a little I just want it to be gone. what are the chances of me having morning sickness the whole pregnancy?

lalaberk1

Asked by lalaberk1 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You could or it could stop soon. We can not tell you that. Only time will tell you what happens.
    Anonymous

• eat more protein and decrease your carbs to natural source only (like say an orange)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I had the same issue it went away so to speak at 18 weeks
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• More protein worked for me also.
    There's no way to know how long you will have it for.
    Good luck.
    Anonymous

• You'll here this over and over..every pregnancy is different. One I had morning sickness from 6 weeks to 15 weeks...none after that. One I had not so much as a bit of nausea the whole time and the last I was sick from day one to delivery. I did find with the ones I was sick with if I tried to start my day slower. Dry crackers and avoided certain foods or smells it helped a lot.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My friend swear by ginger for morning sickness (or any upset stomach, but this specifically). She couldn't handle actual ginger so she took ginger pills. I didn't go anywhere without saltines and dr. pepper. I don't know why but I never throw up that combination. I'll be using the ginger pills next time though. I'd rather just not be nauseous and be able to eat, then like off crackers, feel like I'm dying and just not throw up. Hopefully your morning sickness ends soon. I was around seven months when mine finally quit.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 8:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I had hyperemesis gravidarum which is severe morning sickness. With my first the MS started at 5 wks and stopped around 20 wks and started back up at 32 wks. With my 2nd it started at 5wks and lasted until 2 wks after I had my son. Then with my last child it started at 4 wks and lasted until 3 days after delivery. I was on the generic for Zofran with the last one.

Generally they say once you hit around the 2nd trimester you'll start to feel better. A lot of women who have HG will have a rest during those few months. Good luck to you!
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 8:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I had it the WHOLE pregnancy with my first. I have hyperemesis again this time, but it is not as bad. Although, I do take a zofran every morning still.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2010