what is the best way to get my one year old son to sleep with out mom??

every night of my baby's life he has slept with me. At first because it was the best way for both of us to get the most peaceful sleep, and now as a result he will not can not go to sleep without me nursing him to sleep in my big bed. I love it and enjoy this time with my sweet son, but it makes it very hard when I have to me gone in the evening at bed time. My husband work had to get him to sleep with a bottle (which he dose take, but not a nukie) He will finely go fall asleep 2 hours later rolling around with Daddy in out big bed and then just passing out because he is so so tired. This is very hard for my husband, but the worst is when he wakes up at about 12-1am looking for me to nurse him agian, my son just gets so so upset crying so hard and their is no way to get him back to sleep (will not take bottle in middle of night), until he gets so so tired and cries himself to sleep 2 hours later.
Help!!!

Dawn1000

Asked by Dawn1000 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let me point you to drjaygordon.com. Search the site for "sleep." There's a great article on transitioning baby from the family bed there.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• why not start small have him sleep on a bed for him in your room next to your bed _so bring his mattress into your room- and start here for a month or 2 and slowly make small adjustments once a month or so
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2010