if your child called you a bitch what would you do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• freak out
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Ask where they heard the word and what they think it means. Of course they're only 4, 2, and a baby, if they were teenagers it would be different. I would probably cry.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• take away the thing thats the most important...i dont stand for disrespect
    Anonymous

• Laugh. She knows when to use "bitch" and when not to. If she calls me a bitch, then I have done something to deserve it.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 8:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I had that happen when my daughter was about 14. I slapped her in the mouth, she then threatened to call CPS. I told her to go ahead but tell them to hurry because if I was going to get arrested for abuse then she was going to be bloody when they got there. She didn't make the call.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I'd probably laugh and then show 'em what a real bitch is.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Use it as a time to teach them about respecting women (especially if it's a boy). Tell them that it's inappropriate to call anyone a negative name and that world should never be associated with anyone especially their mother. From there all you can do is hope they get it.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Put her immediately in time out, and tell her words like that are not okay. After time out I'd ask where she heard that word from.

That's what I did when my 3 yo used that lovely word 2 weeks ago. lol
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I would tell my son that that is not a nice word and we don't use that word. My son is 3 and parrots a lot of words he hears so I would consider really watching what he is exposed to.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 9:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I would start with "I'll show you bitch," and proceed to show her what bitchy really is. She will learn her lesson the scary way.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2010