Fecal Impaction

I have never heard of this until I was stuck in the bathroom for two hours unable to poop. I could feel the bulge of it near my hole but it was not coming out and it hurt like hell!! Every hemorrhoid I ever had , had already popped out and after checking a mirror looked horrendous! I looked on the internet and read about the fecal impaction and how you are supposed to go to a doctor to help remove the poop with their finger. There was no getting to the doctor so after considering all the options , I decided to do the deed myself and hope I would survive. Needless to say it sucked, it was hard to do it hurt and I thought I might die. The only thing the kept me going was the light at the end of the tunnel saying once its out the pain is gone. I hope no one ever has to go through this alone. Be sure to keep up on your fiber and your water. Keep a pair of latex gloves and petroleum on hand and hope and pray for healthy poops!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Pain meds are famous for fecal impaction. A stool softener is a great thing to take when on pain meds. Lots of water and exercise, it helps to keep things moving also.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• is this where it looks like tiny pebble s all stuck together that is too wide and dry to come out (sorry so graphic) but i got this in mid of both pregnancies (heard it had something to do with prenatal vitamins. Also I took a lot of benifiber and ya a lot more water) This does suck!!!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Drink beet/carrot juice...beets cleanse the colon of hardened fecal matter. You could also just steam them, that works well too.
    Anonymous

• hotrod.. that is constipation, fecal impaction is were nothing comes out at all. It is very large, hard and is wedged in there so to speak..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I had this happen to me after I had a c-section--I couldn't poop for a week and it ended up impacted like that. I couldn't even really get any out with my finger. I had to get an enema and OMG this is so humiliating, but I had to get my husband to do the enema (basically just shooting a watery/oily mix into my ass) because I was so freaking sore from my c-section I couldn't even reach back there to do it myself. But it worked. I have never felt such relief. I hope I never have to go through that again. And yes, I was eating high fiber foods and taking stool softeners but it still happened anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2010

• If you have that again (and I hope you don't) buy fleets mineral oil enemas. It may take a couple and just do one a day and by the 2nd or 3rd day you will go and not go through so much pain. This is an awful discomforting thing to go through.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2010