The Love Dare

I was just wondering if anyone has done the Love Dare on their spouse. If so, did you do it without them knowing, tell them, or do it as a couple. I want to do it but also think my spouse would benefit from doing the dare himself. Would it be better if I did it to him of if we did it as a couple. I am at the end of my ropes with this marriage and want to give it a try. Problem is, he thinks things are good even when I tell him that things need to change.

snugglybuggly

Asked by snugglybuggly at 8:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• WTH is the love dare?
    Anonymous

• he's obviously in denial, if he's not hearing your words or fears about the marriage. i'd seek counseling, with or without him. but hopefully, he'd agree to doing it with you. (not a big fan of LD..but hey, if you want to try it, go ahead.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• If he thinks things are fine and you don't, why not try doing it yourself first? You can tell him what you're doing or not, whichever you prefer, but it's really about changing your perspective, not changing your spouse.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 8:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Anonymous:

It is a book that the movie Fireproof was based on. It's a 40 day challenge for husbands and wives to help then understand what unconditional love truly is and how to apply it to their marriage.
    snugglybuggly

Answer by snugglybuggly at 8:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2010