Am I the only one?

Just curious if I was the only one who has a husband that doesn't have a romantic bone in his body??? I didn't get anything for valentine's day and we've been married for almost 6 years! It doesn't suprise me b/c he's always been like that but still, just 1 time I would like flowers delivered to my work or something! His excuse: I didn't know what to get you. And if I suggest something then he won't do it because "it wasn't my idea". Just frustrated! Sorry ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe you should be grateful about what he DOES for you and quit harping on what he doesn't do. Killing plants for your pleasure one day a year seems rather immature when he does so much more every day for you
    Anonymous

• mine is not even the slightest bit romantic. he wouldnt know what to do with flowers and candles if i set it up for him...a real mans man,ya know. vday is the anniversary of him and his ex,so he hates it and normally we fight about it and dont even adknowledge it.but this year i threatened to leave him a few weeks before vday so hes been on eggshells. he got me three sexy tops...not romantic but a start

Anonymous

• "Maybe you should be grateful about what he DOES for you and quit harping on what he doesn't do. Killing plants for your pleasure one day a year seems rather immature when he does so much more every day for you "

Wow! That was kind of rude! Sometimes it's nice to have someone show affection towards a loved one. She just wants the love shown on the one day that many couples celebrate their love for each other. Sounds like someone is a little bitter about Valentine's Day.........maybe you don't have anyone to share it with?
    Anonymous

• right on to you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lilsbiggestfan

Answer by lilsbiggestfan at 9:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• wow yes you should atleast expect a homemade card or something on v day no one should accuse you for harping a simple try might have done your heart good even if you didnt like it! you have to show love to know its there
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• mine is romantic but i kinda help him along the way,because he isnt always creative and he does not read minds,so i sorta drop hints or talk about something a lot and he goes from that.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 9:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I have the same issue. You have to just accept it unfortuately he might not change. If might be a selfish narcists.
    Anonymous

• Yeah after 6 years he's not likely to suddenly change. How about saying to him "Honey, Valentines Day is coming and since you never get me anything how about giving me $XX (however much you think is good for you...) so I can go get ______ (my hair done, a pedicure, a new pair of shoes, a massage, etc etc) and then I won't feel upset that you didn't get me anything AGAIN and you'll be off the hook".

Works for me :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• My husband isn't what you'd call traditionally romantic either, but he does a ton of nice things for me for absolutely no reason. Like the other day, I texted him that I was on my way home from the hospital (I was working) and I'd had kind of a rough day plus it was a 12-hour shift. He texted back "Let me know when you're almost home" and I did, and when I got home, he'd run a hot bath for me and made up the bed all nicely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Mine also has no romantic bones! But that's how he was when I met him and I don't expect to change him. If I wanted romance, I should have kept looking. BUT, he is a great guy, he treats me with dignity and respect, he does his share of whatever needs done, and he is loving and faithful to me and home with me every night. So I didn't get a Valentine's gift? So what, I have a great man by my side for the rest of my life and that's what counts. Look on the bright side of things.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2010