Whipped Cream Frosting

MyDD birthday is this weekend and I'm trying to find a really good recipe for whipped cream frosting. There are so many different recipes on-line, I would like to know what kind do most bakeries use. If anyone works in a bakery can you please tell me the ingredients you use. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Anonymous

• Most grocery stores in our area use Rich's Bettercream whipped frosting. Is this what you are referring to? It comes ready made in large buckets. To my knowledge, the only way to get it is through a bakery supply company and only available in the big buckets. (This is what I learned from a cake decorating site several years ago, so this may have changed since then.)

If you are referring to REAL whipped cream frosting (it contains real cream and must be refrigerated) it is:

2 c. heavy cream
    1/2 c. powdered sugar, sifted
    2 t. vanilla extract

I'm not sure if you are looking for real whipped cream or the whipped style bakery frosting. Homemade real whipped cream is incomparable to that stuff in buckets.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I use a stabilizer that is available at some of the more well stocked grocery stores. Dr Oetker's Whip It. It comes in pouch style packets like yeast or gelatin and can be found on the baking isle. It works like a charm.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• OP here, yes I'm looking for the real whipped frosting with heavy whipping cream. I have to make it from scratch because my DD is allergice to peanuts and should stay away from all nuts due to cross contamination.
    Anonymous