My daughter is almost 10 months old and she still doesn't sleep through the night. Any tips or suggestions?

My daughter hasn't slept all through the night yet. Every night her schedule changes. One night she will get up every hour the next it could be every two hours or less. Can anyone please give me some advice or tips? Please!

tnvplus2

Asked by tnvplus2 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sucks, my ex had two boys (and two girls) and his boys were always like this! my son didn't sleep through the night until he was past a year old. we had to do the cio method after a long time of getting up WAY too much and we worked nights, it was hard. good luck.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Well, if you need encouragement...she's NORMAL. Sleeping through the night is a mere five hours, and often that's not consistently achieved till after the first birthday.

Check out Elizabeth Pantley's website...you can google it. Her "No Cry Sleep Solution" has been very reassuring for a lot of moms.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• She's totally normal! There are some things to try (solids before bed, lots of play during the day, try to get at least 15m of exposure to afternoon sun...) but for the most part, some kids don't actually go through the night untill well aftera year old.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Teething affects sleep. So does a new milestone and growth spurt. Sometimes all three at once. If she wakes for hunger, try to encourage more bottles or breast during the day if she seems so busy with new talents that she forgets. If she is teething. you'll just have to wait it out.

She really is normal.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• In my perspective babies follow routines pretty well. MY son is 16 months old and he sleeps 9-10 hours straight every night... He has been like that since he was 5 months old. Here is what I did and i hope that if you try it that it works for you aswell. I started waking him up early in the mornings around 9am. I feed him normal the way your child already eats. the change i made was no nap after 6pm. do mommy time whatever to keep him up. then not a bottle but food. bath time ... then lastly a small bedtime story and a bottle of milf maybe with some cereal to ticken it,, you continue this for a few days straight witout change and they get used to it...
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2010