How long does it take to get foodstamps?

We got a letter in the mail saying we were accepted, and would get "this amount" of foodstamps per month- we got that letter 4 days ago. I was told by our worker that we should have money on our foodstamp card today.

We still have no money on the card. How long does it usually take from getting the letter to getting to use the benefits?

This has been a long process of nearly a year....it took 4 months alone to just get the phone interview. We've had our card now for over a month and JUST got the letter 4 days ago- so I'm getting excited that we're finally getting close to being able to use our benefits.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't know about your state, but mine has a website that I can go to and check each month when my FS will be on the card.
    Anonymous

• call the worker it should be within 4-6 weeks of recieving your card
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Here is a website that you can go to... GL

https://www.ebt.acs-inc.com/

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I tried the online site but couldn't create an account. I had to put in my card number and my pin number and it says they don't match or something....
    Anonymous

• Did you recieve a pre-set pin number a few days/weeks after getting your card? This happens often and then after you register your card you can then change your pin number to whatever you want.
    If this isn't your problem then I would suggest calling your case worker to get some help on this matter...
    As for your FS if your worker says today then they should have been there today... they are loaded about 24 /48 hrs prior to the day you are to recieve them. Again call and find out ... sometimes its just matter of the worker going online and fixing the problem...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I have one paper with the right case worker on it and her phone number to call, but there is a number missing in her phone number, AND her fax number too. Iv called the main place and I can't get ahold of a REAL person, its all machine...
    Anonymous

• I set up a PIN number the day I got the card, Ill try changing it.
    Anonymous

• I still can't get the online site to work....
    Anonymous

• This is the second question I have read like this today. I wonder what state you ladies live in. I feel bad for you all. I live in Ohio and our system is pretty easy. We have to go twice a year to recertify and that is it. Ours are on our card every fourth of the month.
    Anonymous

• Local office says our account is active- money should have been on our card on the 17th of Feb. Still nothing on it. The main office says our account is still pending....I don't know whats going on.
    Anonymous