Potty training and school

My daugher's just about trained... we've been working with her the past month or so, just letting her sit on the potty after meals and before and after naps. She's been into it I think because her sister does it... I'm excited -- today she pooped in the potty 3 times (no poop in her diaper) and peed there 4 times. (Not sure how many times she peed in her diaper -- definitely during her nap, but other than that, it felt pretty dry... She's 17 months old and in nursery school 2 days a week. I know they have a bathroom in her classroom, but I know no one else in her class is trained. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this intermediary period and school. My first daughter was 100% trained when she started preschool, I'm just not sure how it works when they're not. My baby's doing so well I want to just ditch the diapers and seal the deal, but are the teachers going to be totally annoyed or freaked out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm sure they won't miss changing diapers. If the potty is little, for the little kids, then they expect it. Way to go!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• will she go by herself? Or ask to go? can she pull down/up her pull up? if not she Not trained ...If yes then wow none of my kids were trained that young.. they may be annoyed if you don't send a pull-up & she has an accident so send one just in case.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• You need to talk to the teacher. When my oldest was ready to potty train I just talked to the teacher of her class about what she was willing to do. That is always the best thing to do.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 7:41 AM on Feb. 16, 2010