Period after Mirena....

So I got my Mirena placed Sept 2009 and got it out Jan 2010 and I had bleeding for 3-4 days three days after removal. Then 3 weeks after that I had alittle spotting for half a day. Then nothing until 2 weeks later a spot of blood on the TP when i wiped. I"m having cramps, back ache, all sorts of pregnancy symptoms...Is this irregularity from the Mirena or what? Do u think my period will come or should I go to the doctor?

kyleighsmama07

Asked by kyleighsmama07 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Can you feel the strings? I would take a pregnancy test to be sure, but if you can feel the strings, you are likely not pregnant.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• So test, what do you have to lose besides a couple bucks? I keep cheap test strips around (you can find them online for like $1-2 apiece) just in case I get nervous or am a few days late or something.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 10:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• It's been out since Jan 7th. I have taken a test but it's negative-with my other 2 children i haven't tested positive until 6-8 weeks along.
    kyleighsmama07

Answer by kyleighsmama07 at 7:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Sorry about that, somehow I misread it. I would still go test. The spotting could be from implantation. If you had to wait to test for your other two kids I would assume you have to wait that long this time too. SO I would give it until March 1 and test.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• thanks! i got 2 other test that i'm trying to hold out on with testing.
    kyleighsmama07

Answer by kyleighsmama07 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2010