milk at 9.5 mos.

MY DH forgot to pick up formula at the store. He's at work right now, and of course DD is refusing to sleep until she has a bottle. Her older brother's are both sleeping already. And we're also out of baby food, go figure. Will it hurt this one time to give her cows milk? She's hungry, and I'm desperate....No I don't have anyone that can bring me some, and DH can't leave work. Ugh...I'm so pissed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's not recommended as you know, but honestly if it's your only resort at this time, DO IT! it won't hurt her. She might not like it though. Good luck and ignore any rude idiots that post after me!!! Better to give her something that let her cry and go hungry!
    Anonymous

• OP here--thats what I was thinking. I really didn't want to bring it in till 12 months, but I'm out of options
    Anonymous

• I'd rather give them the milk than let them go hungry at this point. Hopefully she likes it though, some babies aren't really big fans of cows milk at first!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My dd was 10 months and went straight from the breast to whole milk. I have introduced whole milk around 10 months of age, but it was an ounce or two here and there.

Your dd should be fine. Whole milk before a year is not recommend but it is also not recommended starting a baby on solids till at least 4 months preferrably 6 months and people do it all the time.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 10:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Well we let her have the milk, and she did fine! Actually she seemed to like it mroe than formula. But luckily we have formula now...but at least I know we can use milk in a pinch.
    Anonymous