Castor oil question

Have any of you tried this to induce labor? How many weeks were you and did it work for you? If it did, How long after drinking it did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do NOT use this!!!!!!

It's extremely dangerous. It can severly dehyrate the mother which can cause the baby to go into distress resulting is a c-section and a very sick baby. It can also cause the baby to release myconium, which can cause respitory problems and even death if not dealt with in a timely manner.

All it does it cause severe diaria and dehydration which is what MAY cause you to contract but at GREAT risk to YOU and you BABY!!!

There are much safer things you can try. Google Scalini's Eggplant Parmesean...guarenteed to work!
    Anonymous

• yikes... I did it. It did work, I was 39 weeks. I had the shits terrible, and it made me sick all of labor. However 15 hours later i had a beautiful, healthy baby boy. =] Good luck hunnie but I don't reccommend it for anyone. I am pregnant with my second baby and I won't be using it to "enduce" this labor!
    Anonymous

• NO NO NO, it doesn't work and don't do it. Let nature take its course.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• it simulates uterine contractions by causing diarreah and intestinal contractions. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. Also, if you are going to do anything you should wait until you are at least 40 weeks. Sex, evening primrose oil, and red raspberry leaf are much gentler and more accepted ways to 'induce' labor. They won't work unless your body is ready anyways.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Worse than labor.
    Even if it works, it wasn't worth it
    I like the idea of baby coming because they are ready for birth, not because I forced baby out.

If you can avoid unnecessary risks, do!
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2010