selling things from home?

ok so I would like to start selling something just to make a little extra cash... I am a SAHM and my hubby works but I would like to do a little something... Not Avon or Mary Kay... There are WAY too many of those around where I live! But I need ideas, or advise on the things that you may have done and liked or didnt like? Thanks so much ladies!

heatherjenea

Asked by heatherjenea at 10:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• are you crafty or anything? check out Etsy.com. Google it. They are a site that allows people to sell homemade items. Everything from baby shoes to clothing! It's really awesome to see all the things that people are making at home! you create your own profile and upload pics of your stuff and sell it through paypal or whatever.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• yeah I like doing scrapbooks and that kind of thing but I dont really make things.. But thanks! I like the site!
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 10:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I am a consultant with Scent Sations. We sell all natural products from candles to mineral makeup. Since you like doing scrapbooks what about selling for a scrapbooking company? I am trying to think of the name of some but the only ones I can come up with are Stampin Up and Creative Memories.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• If you live near a goodwill, you could go there and buy some name brand clothes (it will take some time to find them, but they always have them) or other nicer items forjust a few dollars and then sell them on ebay. You can easily make double or triple what you spent.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• have any of you ladies heard of polka dots? And if so would you be interested in that?
    Anonymous

• I swore I would never be the candle lady but I am! I am an independent Demonstrator for Gold Canyon Candles " The World's Finest" There candles burn evenly are non toxic so if your little one decides to eat one they will be ok lol. If they accidently spill them on themselves it will not burn them the wax is warm to touch! They also have All natural cleaning product line they recently came out with. Some of their candles have burn times of 200 hours! If you are interested let me know it is for NOT a get rich quick scheme. I love all of their products and many people in my area know of them so it wasn't hard for me to sell them to friends and family I have only had one home party the rest were catalog parties! it is fun you get all kinds of free product ! again if you are interested let me know I will email you back or if you prefer you can just call me. Est time zone!
    zayners

Answer by zayners at 12:02 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Let me know if I can help with any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• hey nicor that sounds great! I would love to join!
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 9:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I tried selling things before and it never worked out for me. I tried some other "at home" jobs and better luck. You can check them out at Free Paypal Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• i sell tupperware.. email me and maybe i can help..maybe i can help you sell just a bit so you dont have to join and pay the fees...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2010