Ever feel "burned-out"?

I have two wonderful kids (2yrs and 4months old) but lately i just feel burned-out. Like i need a vacation away from my kids. Have you ever felt like that? What did you do to help the feeling go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• All moms feel that way sometimes. That's when you find some time for you. Whether your time for you is a bubble bath, a date night with your guy (if you have one), or even just 5 minutes to sip a cup of tea or smoke a cig (if that's what you do), find a way to make it happen. It's perfectly normal to feel that way.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• get a sitter and take a mini-vacay if even for a few hours. TRUST ME every second is worth it so you can be more clear headed and calm for your babies.Good luck hun!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Yes! I have a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old. try to get nights out for just a few hours with other adults or even a few hours to yourself to go shopping or get a massage if you can. its always important to get your "me" time or "date" time with your SO
    Anonymous

• YES! I have a 22mos old, 5 and 6 yr old. I am in school FT. I do 40 hour a week clinicals our days start at 5AM and mine ends around 10ish and all I do is go go go...I need a vacation from my life! LOL I love my kids but I am exhausted and drained but seeing as we have no money must keep going.
    Anonymous

• yes you will feel like that. Make a me day and get a sitter. Moms do need a brake sometimes and it is so worth it
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 11:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Yup, felt that way every so often.

I usually just put them to bed a bit earlier so I can have breathing room and just enjoy some time with my hubby. We dont have a sitter so getting out is not doable that often so I improvise.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Yes! My kids are 2 and 5. I feel this way often! :0) I have a very good friend and we try to do something even if its going out for coffee once a month in the evening. Even going to her house with the kids is a nice break because the kids entertain each-other.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2010

• YES! I've been feeling "burned out" for the last few months or so and there's not a thing I can really do about it. Part of the problem is that my son has special needs and I can't really hire a sitter because he's a big teenager & could really hurt somebody w/o intending to when he has a fit, so too much liability there. There is zero respite available around here (gracious knows I've tried to find some!) and I don't have any family available either. The other part of the problem is that I'm ill myself & can't afford a doc, so I just have to deal w/the fatigue & pain, etc. I've been doing this day in & day out for years now & it is really starting to get to me, especially since puberty has finally hit & now he's got raging hormones to go along with everything else. I keep daydreaming about what life could've been like if he wasn't here & I'd never had him. I feel trapped...heck, I am trapped.
    Anonymous