Al Gore over HER?

Irena Sendler was a Polish woman who died in 2008. From 1939 to 1945, she personally saved the lives of 2,500 Jewish children from the Warsaw Ghetto. She forged identification papers, and sheltered them in children’s homes throughout Warsaw.

The Gestapo caught her in 1943 and severely tortured her for the location of the Jews she had extricated. She refused to give them up. She was sentenced to death and saved by a bribe to the Nazi officer in charge, who simply left her in deep in a forest with all four limbs broken.

She recovered and went right back to work saving Jews. She was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007, but was passed over in favor of Al Gore. She was 98 when she died.

Ridiculous! Al Gore over this woman!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hugo Chavez will probably get the Nobel Peace Prize next year.  Can they award it posthumously?   Maybe Stalin and Mao, too.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• This is very sad but it seems that the Nobel Peace Prize isn't given to the one who really deserves it or it isn't any more.
    It doesn't mean much any more due to the reality that it obviously can be bought...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• you said it, agentwanda!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• Just another indication that it is just another fraud of an award! It no longer means what it was intended for. I mean look, Obama won over Ingrid Betancourt, she was held hostage for 2,321 days in her effort to reach San Vicente del Caguan, the village used for the peace talks. What did Obama do? He hired a good speech writer!

"...shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses." Alfred Nobel
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• I think it's the same as the Pulitzer prize. I read the other day that the National Enquirer is likely to win this year because they first broke the John Edwards cheating scandal and it turned out to be true. In my opinion that award will have no credibility anymore.

But hey, Al Gore invented the internet! (joking..)
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• That's just so wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I think they need to "edit" the name Pulitzer to rename it the PUTZ prize! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I say Uncle Tom in Iraq will win it next year. You know since they are so peaceful now with thier nuclear state. Roll eyes
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• The prize has been a joke for years.I mean when the president can win it for merely lip service you know its DONE..worthless as tits on a bullfrog.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• By the way OP I read about the story of Irena Sendler a while back.What an amazing woman..very inspiring.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:20 AM on Feb. 16, 2010