Why waste our time?

I am always amazed at the number of questions and posts I see looking for advice, but when well meaning members of CM answer or respond and GIVE advice, the OP shoots them down. Why bother asking for advice when you are going to completely disregard it? A lot of us put time and thought into our responses, especially to sensitive issues like relationship problems, post partum issues and such, and then get told "Oh that's not going to help me I'm not THAT blah blah....".

Sigh. I guess my question is why bother? And why do WE bother to try and help? Agh frustrated...sorry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• GIRL I AGREE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have to agree. It is so aggravating when you take so much time to think out the answer and have it shot down by the op. There have been times I have went as far as researching the things I was answering about only to have the op say she disagreed. GRR. Don't ask if you really don't want to know or aren't open to suggestions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Unfortunately, you're right, in many cases, the poster doesn't want any answer but the one they want (which may not work or exist). Other times, other posters are rude and nasty. But sometimes, you see someone who seems to be genuinely helped, or at least made more knowledgeable, by an answer.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• We are suppose to be miracle workers who know exactly what they want to hear. lol!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 1:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have to agree and I for one won't be responsing much anymore.

To top it off you don't even get a thank you for taking the time to reply.

Anonymous

• Because they aren't really here to get advice. They are here to have their egos stroked, and the only way to do that is to tell them what they want to hear whether it is true or not.
    Anonymous