1st Birthday Party Food Ideas

Ok so my son's party is on Saturday and I still haven't come up with a whole lot of food to make, buy, etc. and I need some help. So far I have come up with:
-Cocktail Weenies
-Chips and Dip
-Sandwiches
-Spinach Dip and Crackers (Maybe)
-Ham Rolls
-Pigs in a blanket(Maybe)

But I don't think this will be enough food! I have invited 35 people and I think that I need more variety or is this enough? Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!!

DavidsMom0218

Asked by DavidsMom0218 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always buy a hormel party platter that comes with ham, turkey and 2 different cheeses and crackers for any get together. Appetizers you are good on but you might wanna get another entree besides sandwiches for that many people.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 1:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• , if you have kids invited give milk instead of juice, hod dogs, a bowl of fruit juice ( pineapple and grape and orange ) with canned fruit inside. buy some mini pizza on Costco.  i have seen chicken soup in coffee cups and some light garlic bread.

violetlady

Answer by violetlady at 1:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Maybe a homemade vege/fruit/cheese tray. Try some celery, baby carrots, apple slices, grapes. maybe strawberries, and other fruits and veges your son likes along with some cheese cubes(you can buy a log of cheese and cut yourself). I always make homemade platters for parties and they go over great! Happy birthday to your son!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Make some fruit dip and get some ranch dip and have a fruit and vegetable platter because you have a lot of meat and carbs but hardly any healthy choices for anyone who might want them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2010