1st Birthday Party Food Ideas

Ok so my son's party is on Saturday and I still haven't come up with a whole lot of food to make, buy, etc. and I need some help. So far I have come up with:
-Cocktail Weenies
-Chips and Dip
-Spinach Dip and Crackers (Maybe)
-Ham Rolls
-Pigs in a blanket(Maybe)

But I don't think this will be enough food! I have invited 35 people and I think that I need more variety or is this enough? Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!!

Asked by DavidsMom0218 at 12:58 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always buy a hormel party platter that comes with ham, turkey and 2 different cheeses and crackers for any get together. Appetizers you are good on but you might wanna get another entree besides sandwiches for that many people.

Answer by kanakake at 1:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• , if you have kids invited give milk instead of juice, hod dogs, a bowl of fruit juice ( pineapple and grape and orange ) with canned fruit inside. buy some mini pizza on Costco.  i have seen chicken soup in coffee cups and some light garlic bread.

Answer by violetlady at 1:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Maybe a homemade vege/fruit/cheese tray. Try some celery, baby carrots, apple slices, grapes. maybe strawberries, and other fruits and veges your son likes along with some cheese cubes(you can buy a log of cheese and cut yourself). I always make homemade platters for parties and they go over great! Happy birthday to your son!

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:11 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Make some fruit dip and get some ranch dip and have a fruit and vegetable platter because you have a lot of meat and carbs but hardly any healthy choices for anyone who might want them.

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2010