who here with pcos has become pregnant after being diagnose ? and how did you do it? by losing weight? is that the best way to overcome pcos and conceive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have PCOS, but I have yet to be able to conceive. However, I can tell you that, for MOST women, losing weight IS the best way to return your hormones to their normal levels and be able to conceive. I don't know how much you know about PCOS, but if you are looking for some info or support, please feel free to PM me. I was diagnosed only about a year ago but have done extensive research into it, and can offer some good advice, or simply an open ear!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 1:23 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• My step mother has been battling PCOS for 11 years and just gave birth to her first child, a baby girl, on Friday. She had lost quite a bit of weight around the time she got pregnant.

Clomid and Metphomin are usually a good place to start with PCOS. You'll need to talk to your doctor to see about getting prescriptions for these. The Metphormin is not a fertility drug but it will help with insolen resistance which is the bigget problem with PCOS.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2010