Selling Breast-milk???

ok. . . so in the abundance of breast milk produced and stored/frozen there is still more than what can be consumed. I saw a bit on the Tyra show about someone selling their abundance and making good money. . . Does anyone know anything about this? Do you do this? And How? I am considering this and would like more info.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• did you know that in crisis and times of chaos like what happened in Haiti. . . breast milk from people who can give the extra can save the lives and help heal even toddlers and small children. . . Breast Milk also has been known to have healing qualities for Cancer patients. . . Selling Breast Milk is just as sane as donating blood, plasma etc. . . the only difference is you get paid and not the organization. . .
    Keep an open mind, just because you were bottle fed with formula doesn't mean others don't want more and better for their kids. . .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I researched it a bit before I had my last baby and found out that pretty much no place will buy it unless it has been pasturized and you have to go through testing before they will even consider it. You can't even sell it on ebay due to the food and drug administration. There seems to be a bunch of hoops to jump through unless you become a personal "wet nurse" for a family.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 1:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Crazy! I just saw an add on craigslist last night of a woman selling her breast milk. I didn't know people actually did that
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 1:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Um ewwwwwwwwwwwwww is all I can say. You know nothing about what this woman has put into her system and they know nothing about what you have put into your system. Anyone sain, would not buy that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Feb. 16, 2010