Did my water just break??

I got up and went pee a few minutes ago, then a minute later had some fluid come out of me. It was enough to go through my underwear and pants. I went back in the bathroom and tried to pee again, but nothing happened. What is this???? How much fluid comes out when your water breaks?

mrs.anderson24

Asked by mrs.anderson24 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hun I would call your Dr. or go in. . . when you water breaks traditionally it will be a rush of fluid, but it is also know to break at the top and leak out in spurts almost like peeing. . . Please go!!! GOOD LUCK
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• When i was pregnant, especially towards the end there were a few times when my bladder didnt completely empty till I stood up. I know this sounds bad but smell it, does it smell like urine? if not then it could be your water breaking, are you having an contractions? back pain?
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• It can be a trickle or a huge gush.

I was leaking pretty heavily over a week before any contractions~ A cup or two a day -ish.

Are you due now?
    Any color or odor?
    Do you know baby's position?
    Do you have a fever?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• there is always a possibility its your water. My water broke when I jumped up out of the bed but stop as long as I sat down or standing an not moving, until I got to the hospital....If you smell it and it doesnt smell like urine and has alost like an amonia smell then its your water, but the hospital can tell for sure with just a swab of the fluid. Good luck hun...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• "and has alost like an amonia smell then its your water"

No~ ammonia odor is *urine.*

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2010