What do you do if you get psoriasis on your female area?

It itches so bad.Is their anything i can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Health

• I have psoriasis too and can totally sympathize. What do you do for your psoriasis elsewhere?
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• OP-nothing.It hasn't really started getting bad till recently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I have only ever had it on my head, so i have no idea. Generally I use a medicated shampoo when mine starts up and the rest of the time i used to have to change brands every 2 weeks to keep it under control. maybe try soaking in aveeno? They have a really good bath mix for soaking. I use the shampoo and it has greatly reduced my outbreaks and i can go longer between switching to the medicated.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:38 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Soak in Dead Sea Salts and follow with Shea butter.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Have you been diagnosed by a doctor? Are you sure it isn't Lichen Sclerosus? LS is a non-contageous skin disease, much like psoriasis, but it commonly affects the genitals and the itch can drive you crazy.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2010