Does anyone know a diet friendly salad dressing recipe?

Asked by ljg38 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Hi! I use low sodium soy sauce and lemon juice with a little dash of sea salt and pepper. I love it! let me know if you like it!

Answer by MomwithLove at 12:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I use either oil and vinegar or nothing at all.

Answer by Quoiky at 7:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• The easiest thing, which is what I try to do, is to just squirt some lemon juice on your salad or you can also add some balsamic vinegar. If you are turned off by both of these things then first remember that you can make dressings from the store much cheaper and healthier at home. For instance, I love making a lower-fat ranch! I don't have the recipe on hand, but I'm going to look it up and PM it to you...I make it on a weekly basis (^_^). If I don't PM it to you tonight then it will probably be Friday because I'll be without internet until then. :)

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• those new spritzers are nice...they're right by the normal dressing at the store but they're in spray just mist it on, so you use it lightly, but every piece gets coated...i think it's only like 5 calories a spritz or something like that....i dont eat salads very often, but my aunt swears by the spritzer kind!

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:59 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• do you EVER go down the salad dressing or diet isle in a grocery store? There are TONS of diet friendly things!!! Read some labels

Answer by vbruno at 11:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I just discovered how amazing equal parts honey and lemon juice are together on a salad...i use it on coleslaw and add apples to it instead of the typical mayo-type dressing...and i use it on green salads too, but i use apples instead of tomatoes....!!!! 2tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice will do half a bag of the ready-to-eat bags of coleslaw....i just put it in a bowl with a lid and shake it up for better great!!!!

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Yes, I do go down the salad dressing isle but I really don't want a fat free dressing with a ton of sugar in it. I was looking for a recipe that I could whip up at home and control the sugar in it.

Answer by ljg38 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008