Do you know what your DOSHA is?

Here is a free quiz to help you find out. If you DO KNOW...what is it and how do you make use of knowing? http://www.whatsyourdosha.com/quiz/

SFerber

Asked by SFerber at 3:16 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ok what is a dosha?
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 3:39 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• That was my question just last week: Then I did some research....here is a little more. "Dosha" or "Prakruti", are simply terms that Ayurvedic Practitioners use to describe people. They are the way the elements manifest in a particular person, and one of the theories at the heart of Vedic or yogic practices. According to Ayurveda, "Prakruti" or "Constitution", is formed at the time of conception. Prakruti is a Sanskrit word which means "nature" or "the first creation". In Ayurveda there are three elements, that make up the Dosha system. Kapha which is "Earth with a bit of water", Pitta which is “Fire with a bit of water”, (think of it as gasoline) and Vata or "air".

SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 3:51 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• While prakruti is fixed though-out your life time, all people must interact with their environment. This interaction causes the body and mind to shift, attempting to keep things in balance. The Constitution, your mind and body have shifted to is called "vikruti". If the current state your mind body has shifted to is significantly different from your natural state, you can become “Imbalanced", which can lead to either illness or mental stress or both. Like an active person suddenly forced by a broken ankle to stay in bed, being forced to act against our nature to keep things in balance can make us cranky and irritable or worse! It's no fun for us, or those around us and can lead to disastrous results. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/28994/what_is_a_dosha.html?cat=5
    SFerber

• This is very interesting! I think I will take the quiz (if it's free) to find out what my dosha is.
    The explanation you give in your second post...would this be the reason why most people prefer to live in certain areas over others? For example, near the ocean, in the woods or near the mountains, in the wide open, in the country, in the city, etc. Does weather affect your prakruti?
    Thanks!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:05 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I just took the quiz and I don't have a dominant dosha...lol. I scored an 8 on all three and I see a lot of myself in each one. I guess I'm weird?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I am still learning...it is very interesting to me. (so you have a little of each...I guess you are well rounded)
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 10:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2010