Important question...please dont be rude!

i was wonder what my Doctor would do if i told her that i was depressed...i am 38 weeks and i am tired of the pain and discomfort...I cant sleep (maybe 4 hours a night) as you can see i am writing this at 3:45 in the morning!

I never want to get out of bed and come down stairs...I have 2 toddlers and if my husband wasnt here i dont know what i would do...i cry all the time cause i cant spend time or play with my childern cause i hurt so much...i just feel so bad cause i know they are hurting cause they cant play with me...I dont want them to feel like i have forgotten about them...but it hurts to walk...i cry getting up to use the bathroom now...

im scared to tell my OB cause i dont want to take any meds cause i know they can effect the baby and i dont want that... or my husband said that she might induce me...i dont know...

what do you think she will say????!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just tell her, she will understand. We don't know what she will do, but NOTHING bad! You will be okay, it's normal to feel this way, that's what helps you push on D-day sweetie.
    Allow yourself to rest, to lean on DH, to withdraw a little from the toddlers - that's normal too, it's natures way of preparing them for the fact that another person is coming and will need Mommy's attention.
    You've done great to get this far. Just tell your Dr everything you told us, and trust her judgment.
    Good Luck Mommy
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:50 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• TELL her. It may be time for you to deliver. :) HUGS
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 3:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I myself was in a awfully painful pregnancy with my last child. I couldn't sleep bc of my nerve and hips and back...you get the picture. :) So i understand.. you should tell your doctor but remember it is YOUR choice to be put on meds. My boyfriend committed suicide when I was pregnant, and I was also extremely sad, but it was still my call when I told my doctor that I was depressed. I did not get on medicine, bc I knew that the pregnancy was going to end at some point and didn't want to take the unnecessary risks. But, make sure you talk and write your feelings down. I truly hope your pregnancy goes a bit better, remember that you are a strong woman and mommie. You can do this, what ever you choose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• you will never get the help and support you need if you don't tell someone who can offer help. You need to know that depression is very common and you are not alone. It can feel like the world is closing in on you are going to be punished but I swear it gets better. If you want to do the right thing and keep your family safe and sound then you need to tell your doctor or cleric and don't sugar coat it.
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 4:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• tell her she need to know. if she induces great if she prescribes meds take them she will know what crosses the placental barrier and will only prescribe what is safe for you and baby. hang in there it is almost over. chronic pain sucks and no one but those who have it really understand the weight of it and the tiredness you fell form it.
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 4:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Make sure your nutrition is up to scratch. Mineral or vitamin deficiencies can cause mental and physical imbalances. I would also consult a classical homeopath. Make sure you get the support you need. I certainly wish you all the best! :-)

PS Also make sure you get the kind of birth you need and want, and that they don't vaccinate your baby after it is born.
    truthcrusader

Answer by truthcrusader at 5:06 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• She wouldn't give you anything that would hurt your baby and its a normal ting at the end of your preg. so just talk with your doc.
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 6:00 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• You need to tell her - the babies of moms who are depressed don't grow and develop well in utero. It's much better for you to take meds than to have an unhealthy baby. Also, depression during pregnancy can be a sign that you will be very susceptible to PPD - the more under control you can get yourself now, the less likely you will experience postpartum.
    Also - there are meds that don't harm the baby, and drs know which ones those are.

Answer by missanc at 8:28 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• I think that these drugs have more benefit than harm in truly depressed moms. You have to take into account it's hard to give give give to a baby when you're so depressed you don't want to get out of bed. There are many relatively safe options, and you can't live like this. You deserve to be happy for your little one.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 16, 2010