My 5 year old daughter is to clingy with friends.....

My daughter is soo sweet and will be starting school in fall so I want to help her out before schools starts so she will have lots of friends. So the problem is every little girl she sees her age more then once at my sons basket ball games ect.. she calls her friend and runs up and gives hugs and the other little girl will be looking away like get off me or like she's weird and I don't want her to be pushed away like that in school cause you know how kids can be and she will have to see them everyday. Or should I not be concerned at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• she'll be fine, that is perfectly normal behaviour, don't give it another minute of worry time. She'll have the right number of friends that she needs at school, she might not be the most popular girl in the grade, but she will definitely find friends who are as affectionate and loving as her.
    Well done on raising a happy, socially comfortable little girl !
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:07 AM on Feb. 16, 2010