Constipation solutions?

My girl had a good BM the other day, in fact sometimes she will have 2 or 3. At the same time t's not odd for her to go a day here & there without one, and yesterday was one of those days. Last night, though, when I gave her a bath I noticed her belly looked a little bloated. I felt it & it wasn't too hard, & she was acting fine but later when I was trying to put her to bed she kept whining & telling me her belly hurt. :( I plan on giving her lots of raisins & fiber today (I actually try every day but I think she gets bored & then she won't go for it.) If she doesn't have a BM today by lunchtime, what do you guys suggest? I don't want her to be uncomfortable or in pain, but if I can't get her to eat her apples/raisins/fiber foods how can I make them more interesting?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A little bit of apple juice always does it for my son when he's a little constipated. You could try prune juice, but I've heard it doesn't taste very good.

Answer by missanc at 8:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• mirilax, you can get it otc or get an rx... My ds has had chronic constipation issues and that is what our ped recommended
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Add some benefiber to her drink or cereal. It's odorless & tasteless with no harsh chemical laxatives. I sprinkle on my kids' cereal everyday.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:29 AM on Feb. 16, 2010

• Thanks everyone! I do give her apple juice every day, but recently I figured she was probably bored of it every day so I got ehr 100% peach mango juice. Maybe that's the problem? I don't know why it would be... I looked in the ingredients and it also has apple juice mixed in. Although it is a good suggestion, I don't think her constipation is so severe yet to get her Miralax, but thank you! I'll keep that in mind in case this goes on for another day or 2. Benefiber is a good idea. That might be the way to go. Thank you guys!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 16, 2010